Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Ow!" "Forget about it, it's in de past"

Co is finally feeling better after a week and a half, and 6 gallons of cranberry juice. He's back at work making prosthetics that make it look like some guy is being strangled by a bike lock. He used my bike lock for reference. I'm FAMOUS! Also, we now can proudly display a cast of a neck, just the front part. We'll have to incorporate it into our Halloween somehow.


For C&C and Jolly, looks like Co and I will be in the area next summer a few times! In July, I'm doing the Spirit of Racine Tri 1/2 IM distance, then in early September, I'm going to volunteer at IM Moo (Ironman WI) all day Sept. 7th. Both times I'm hoping to take a few days before or after to see you guys! I'll be doing at least 2 1/2 IM distance races next year (Gotta finish the 1/2 IM's under 6 hours!!!), prepping for IM Moo 2009. And I'm going to volunteer this year at the race, so I can wait in line the next day and register for the 2009 race before it fills up. I think I'll need to be in line at like 5 am. Not to mention ready to fork over $475. See, there are LOTS of people who like doing this stuff as much as I. Although, come Ironman race day, I'm bound to look like this:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MO,
Glad to hear about CO. Tell him to lay off the yellow mead. Mere mortals were not intended to drink it on a regular basis.
Congrats on the running stats. We don't understand any of it, but we understand it makes you happy-- so good for you.
It'll take more than a bike lock to get you in the "famous" category... maybe if a cast of one of your bodyparts appears on the big screen....
Glad to hear you'll be in the area. As you get closer and start finalizing plans, drop us a line and we'll make sure it is on our calendar.

Anonymous said...

IM Moo, eh? Alrighty.....Good Luck!

Luck doesn't expire, does it? If I wish you luck now, I think I'll have to keep "renewing" it until 2009.

That sounds like a sustained effort. Mayhap I'll have to train for it.

Flamin' Mo said...

How do you train for sustained luck wishing? Will your fingers get cramped from all the crossing?