Wednesday, October 10, 2007

And the new 10K goal is….

My tempo workout last week was at 7:25/mi pace for the first half, and 7:15 mile pace for the last half. My speedy speed workout last night was 6x800 on 3:15 with 3 min rest. I was really proud of the consistency in this workout, my repeats varied by less than 2 seconds. Plus, I could tell I was working hard the whole time. Coach K was really impressed too. It's so great working out with the group. Support and pressure all in one.

This means I need a new goal. I'm still focused on two more 10K races, one before Halloween - "The GREAT PUMPKIN CHASE", and one the 1st week in December. I'm going to shoot for 7:30/mi pace for the next one, which means 46:30. I think it will be a stretch, but do-able. For the second, I might be able to break 46 minutes.

Also, on an odd note, I think my car seat hurts my hamstring. More on this when I have done a few tests to determine exact cause. Very strange when sitting is painful, but running isn't. I may be purchasing a sheepskin seat cover...

2 comments:

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Holy Crap, woman. you fast! Go speedy Mo, Go!

Flamin' Mo said...

Thanks! my BOP perspective has to come from training with the crazy speedsters in ARR. I feel less slow, after a few races. :)