Saturday, October 27, 2007

Free at last, Free at last

From housework, that is. If you had told me how nice it would be (okay, and I did have friends tell me) I wouldn't have understood.

We have hired a woman to help us clean the house. Seems extravagant to me still - I mean I am capable of cleaning. There's no reason I CAN'T clean the house. This has to be the thing that gets Co and I into the most disagreements. I want to work exactly as hard and exactly as long on cleaning the house as he does. No more. But when he is working those 70 hour weeks, he doesn't want to work on cleaning the house on the weekends. So I would do some cleaning by myself, and get really pissy because he wasn't doing anything. You can imagine the amiable side of me just trying not to say anything.... until I blow up. This is not a good way to spend our weekends together!

So we hired Willetta. Before she came, we spent, oh, 4 hours tidying our house. Its amazing the amount of worthless stuff that piles up.

Willetta came on Wednesday. She was here for over 4 hours. The house looks sooooo much better. She's coming again next Friday, and after that every two weeks. I can't wait.

Oh happy day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We fired our last cleaning lady for being inconsistent. I'm considering firing our new cleaning lady for being too good.
Blog on that upcoming....

('bout time you joined the club. Less guilt if you think of it as a healthy vice.)

Flamin' Mo said...

I have no guilt. After this last weekend when we were again so busy that it was a challenge for me to keep the kitchen clean, I see that Willetta will provide us with something we want and need. I have chosen to have other priorities than cleaning my own house. Only when that gets in the way of paying bills will I reconsider!!!