Thursday, March 3, 2011

Upcoming Old Pueblo 50 miler

Saturday's coming, alright. yep. There it is, only 2 days away. After a low before Bandera in Jan. and a high point after the Quad two weeks ago, I approach this race feeling pretty darn calm/neutral. I'm going to have fun! I'm going to run all day long, most likely with Bones. I'm going to get to see friends approach, start and finish a 50 mile race. (okay, so it's important to recognize that my neutral is "upbeat and happy.")

I predict:
Bones finishes in 10:30 or less. I hope to be with him.
I do not do any bonus miles (no 57 miler like last year.)
DP finishes in 12 hours.
I haven't run with DP's spouse, so I'll just take a guess at 10:00.

Oh, it is soooo easy to make predictions for other people! And fun, too.
Most of all, I'm excited to watch the day unfold with good friends, and to experience that feeling of "oh-shit-can-I-do-this?" and "well, dang, yes I can!" vicariously through them. I'm bringing a camera, too. :)

No comments: