Tuesday, August 10, 2010


hmm, let's see. What shall I write about today?
Funny, nothing particular springs to mind.
   There must be something worth a line or two....

I'm going to ask for some Bill Bryson books for Christmas, I think. I really enjoyed a Walk in the Woods. Especially the description of Katz chucking everything off the side of the trail.

I should really read more.


Everyone says that, in a wistful but positively unhopeful tone of voice that says, "my intentions are good, and I have so many of them, I could probably pave your driveway, too."





Co is working on location for a while now, and so I'm left to my own devices. Which it turns out are to do bills, vacuum, dust, do the dishes, walk the dog, and clean the bathroom. When did my devices get so boring? For a word that looks a bit like devious, and a bit like vice, I am certainly playing it safe here. Hmm. if there is such a word as "device" why isn't there such a word as "invice"? I guess it is one of those faux lost pairs. I should look up what they are really called on the net. Bah, no luck. I'll have to ask my English professor Sis in Law.


What's really going on here, you ask?




LEADVILLE IS ONLY 10 DAYS AWAY AND I'M TAPERING AND I'M A LITTLE ANTSY!



Co is not even home to distract me. Dante, while companionable, is not cutting it.

I'm scheduled to only run 20 miles this week. I can't do it. I've already run 10, and I'm running tonight with J and M. And it's only TUESDAY. I think I'll try to hold myself to 30. 30 would still be considered tapering, right?

I ran a PR today in a race I have done 84 times. We run the same hilly jeep road course every Tuesday from my work. It's 2.5 miles long. Typical PR's are a handful of seconds because the race is so short; improvements are usually gradual. I beat my time by 45 sec. That's a lot. My time (19:07) actually resembles those of the other runners now.

I did the Socorro Chile Harvest sprint tri, and though hadn't swam or biked since May 1st, I was only 1 minute off last years time. 

Even Mom noticed I was antsy on our telephone call. She said with a great amount of amusement and resignation in her voice, "You're going to have a hard time going back to running less after this race, aren't you?"

I didn't exactly answer.

No comments: