Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dear Coke,


Oh sweet nectar of the gods, it is time. Time for me to pass over your glistening red can, to forget the sweet sound of popping you open, to ignore the allure of the effervescence on my tongue.

This sudden shift is not you, no, it’s me. You are still as wonderful as you have always been – well, except for that nasty switch from sugar to HFCS. But I don’t hold that against you, really I don’t. It was a long time ago. It’s me. I need to make a change.

If it makes you feel any better – it won’t be easy for me. No, as I drink water or chocolate milk, I’ll be thinking of you. How well you complement my homemade salsa, my spicy barbeque pizza, and Co’s shrimp enchiladas. Be happy for me though – what I’m doing is better for me. I’ll actually get close to my RDA of calcium, and maybe, just maybe, I won’t be dehydrated all the time.

So, this is goodbye, for now… you’ll always be in my heart, if not my stomach.

1 comment:

UU-Jester said...

You go, girl.
I'm so proud of you.

Maybe you'll inspire someone else...