Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quad resolutions. Or restitutions.

The Quad WILL go better for me this year. How do I know? I just know. There will be no schmucking of my new bike by a random truck. Or car. Or other bicycle. It will not "get squish like grape." In fact, I am so confident, that I have a list of reasons as to WHY the Quad will go better this year.

1. That guy won't be driving that truck through that transition area. Ever. Again.

2. I can now snowplow down the entire downhill ski section without losing feeling in my quads and hip flexors.

3. I have a new bike. It is faster than I am.


4. It even looks fast.

5. I have no fear of the cold. Just ask my training buds.

6. I have a plan.

7. It includes going faster than last year.

8. Faster on the bike.

9. Faster on the run.

10. Faster on the ski.

11. Faster ... ok, you get the idea.

12. It also includes finishing. I know, what a radical idea, right? Well, you gotta go out on a limb to get the fruit.

13. Given #12, I'm guaranteed to go faster overall than last year, no matter what.

14. I'm bringing emergency supplies this time. Rations. Water. Iodine tablets. Duct tape. You can fix anything with duct tape.

15. I've been watching MacGyver reruns, and I've been taking notes. I'll have chewing gum and paper clips on hand. With the duct tape, I'll be unstoppable.

Woo hoo! Mt. Taylor, here I come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2nd funniest post on this blog....
We were laughing out loud.
Of course it WILL go better.
Wish we were there to cheer you on, MO.

Flamin' Mo said...

thanks - and I can't wait to hear about your recent trips. I've been thinking about you guys lately!

Sluggo said...

Just saw the results. 2nd place..Great Job!!! I knew you'd do awesome.