Monday, July 26, 2010

Leadville Training Trip #2

Fri: double crossing of Hope Pass [16.5 miles]
Sat.: DAY- Treeline(Pipeline) to Twin Lakes and back [24 miles]
        NIGHT - Fish Hatchery (base of sugarloaf) to May Queen [9 miles]
Sun.: May Queen to Tabor Boat Ramp [9 miles]

Planning the weekend was more difficult with more people, but also waaaayyyyy more fun. Here are some pictures. I was really happy with how I felt all weekend. I ate and drank pretty well the entire time, I tried out a caffeine pill on the night run and it was fine, DP was a blast to run with through the dark, and all my gear worked as advertised - except I still haven't gotten the opportunity to try my rain jacket. Oh, and my headlamp went out.

The bonus came this morning when I added in my miles for the week on my log.
90.8 miles
Ninety FRICKIN' miles! Holy cow. I've wanted to put in a 90 mile week, just to see that I could do it. I didn't think I was going to get it in though. I'm bouncing in my chair like a 4 year old.

Traipsing through the wildflowers near the top of Hope Pass (Twin Lakes side)

Me climbing up the Winfield side of Hope Pass
At the top of Hope Pass
Taking advantage of the river crossing to Twin Lakes for an ice bath
What? our legs feel great!
After Saturday's run to Twin Lakes and back

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

look at you Mo!! can't wait to be there at the finish line sweetie.you must be skin and bones running 90 miles in a week. Big hugs!!