Monday, February 8, 2010

Faking it.

Faking it has gotten a bad rap. Who doesn’t think of Meg Ryan in a diner when they hear that phrase? And, come on, don’t we all want what she’s having?




Faking it has several benefits, really.
1.)    You get to enjoy the journey.
2.)    Plans and expectations get thrown out the window.
3.)    You can enjoy other people really going for it.
4.)    And, as in my case, sometimes you want to save yourself for other efforts down the line.

Yeah, I’ve thought about it a lot, and I’ve decided to fake the Quad. Between my Achilles injury and the old Pueblo 50 miler coming up in 3.5 weeks, it’s probably wise. Take it easy, don’t do too much race specific training, treat it like a long training day, and enjoy the ride.

What did you think I meant?

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

Yep-no racing for you! Long training day..faking it..I understand!
:)